Saturday, April 4, 2015

Environment Update - Unreal Engine 4

Been out of it this week, but I'm trying to finish this environment up by tomorrow morning.

So these past couple days have been spent moving the scene into Unreal Engine 4. I liked the way it looked in marmoset, but I felt I needed to get the scene in engine. Plus, now I can add the final details using decals and stuff.

I also made a few changes to the geometry. I narrowed the dimensions of the door, as well as the yellow strips on the door frame. I smoothed some of the geometry on the plating around the door, and added some geo in a couple spots.

As far as in-engine stuff goes, I exported everything in as one big mesh using several different materials. Would've done it separately, but I already had the scene set up in Max, so it was easier that way.

I did add a bit of fog to the scene to give it some more atmosphere, and get the feeling a bit closer to the concept.

Also played with the depth of the scene, moving the rear wall a bit further from the white plating, upping the contrast in some areas, and tried to separate the top and bottom using warm and cool lighting, but also adding some color into the interiors of the electronics cabinets.

Today I gotta make all the decals, model a couple more pieces, and tweak the lighting. Then I'll call this thing done and move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment